Your Unitary Representative is Councillor Bill Parks
2b Prestbury Drive
Mobile: 07712 490075
Bus. mobile: 07484 826540
Wiltshire Council is the Unitary Principal Authority for the area, and they are responsible for providing the following services: Highways, Planning, Refuse collection, Adult Social Care, Children's Services and Education and many more. Please use the Wiltshire Council main contact number 300 456 0100 for any issue with the above.
How to complain about a Parish Council Member
All councillors have to comply with a Code of Conduct for members. Each local authority may decide define their own Code of Conduct, but all Codes must have due regard to the following principles:
Maiden Bradley Parish Council has adopted the Local Government Association Model Code of Conduct. so if you are concerned about the conduct of a parish councillor you should contact the Clerk and ask to be provided with a copy of the Code of Conduct they have adopted.
If, having read the relevant Code of Conduct, you consider that a councillor may have been in breach of their Code and you wish to complain, please go to the Wiltshire Council website https://cms.wiltshire.gov.uk/mgGeneric.aspx?MD=ComplainaboutaCouncilMember and fill in their and either email it to or print it off and post it to:
The Monitoring Officer
Please make it clear which council your complaint relates to, and state clearly in your complaint why you think the councillor may have breached their council’s local Code of Conduct.
When they receive your complaint the Monitoring Office will, in consultation with an Independent Person, decide what action should be taken. This decision will be taken having regard to the guidelines set out in Wiltshire Council's (Appendix 3 of the linked document).
They can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a councillor when they are acting in their official capacity. They cannot deal with complaints about behaviour that is not covered by the members’ Code of Conduct for the relevant council. They will usually only be able to consider complaints made within 20 working days of the event giving rise to the complaint.
After the Monitoring Officer and the Independent Person have received your complaint and given the councillor an opportunity to respond to the issues you have raised they will contact you to let you know what action, if any, will be taken.
Your Local MP is Dr Andrew Murrison Tel: 01225 358584
Your Parish Steward
The Parish Steward can only complete works listed below:
• Hand clearing and cutting of growth from drainage grips and drain gully covers.
• Hand clearing of blocked drainage gullies, culverts, pipes and pit3
• Clearing storm debris from the roads and footways
• Clearing collision debris, clinical waste etc.
• Pedestrian barriers repairs, preparation and painting
• Cleaning, re-installation and straightening of small road signs, street nameplates and bollards;
• Installation of small road signs, verge marker posts and supplied street nameplates
• Removal of limited graffiti from road signs, bollards and street nameplates
• Hand cutting of grass and vegetation in visibility areas
• Hand treatment of weeds in rural areas
• Removal of Ragwort and other noxious weeds
• Clearance of encroaching growth and soils from footways
• Repair of minor surface defects in roads and on footways.